Posted in Other 14 days ago.
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Finance in the College of Arts and Sciences has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Office Manager to work in Coral Gables, FL.
This position is responsible for the overall fiscal, and departmental management, and administration for the Department of Religious Studies and the Department of Classics. Works and reports to the Director of Finance for the College of Arts and Sciences; this individual will serve as liaison between chairpersons and faculty, staff, students, parents and the general community. Represents the departments and chairpersons. Knowledge of University on-line systems required. Responds to routine inquiries/needs or directs to appropriate individual within the departments.
• Manages the day-to-day administrative function of the Department of Religious Studies and the Department of Classics.
• Evaluates needs of the departments, prioritizes and delegates work as appropriate and required to meet objectives and deadlines.
• Regularly review departmental practices and implements recommendations for improvement where possible, especially to take advantage of new technology, training and administrative systems.
• Coordinates, analyzes and recommends changes of the administrative activities and procedures which may include personnel, budget preparation and record maintenance and drafts changes as needed.
• Initiates action on all problems and requests except those matters that should be brought to the attention of supervisors.
• Assist chairpersons in development, preparation and dissemination of promotional brochures and materials and updating of official University materials (such as Bulletin).
• Coordinate special projects and events on ad hoc basis as assigned.
• Respond to inquiries on policy and procedures from various constituencies or direct to appropriate individual within the departments.
• Direct supervision of student assistants, i.e., monitors attendance, performance, and workflow.
• Establishes priorities and ensures that tasks are completed and/or assigned to students.
• Ensures that all individuals receive appropriate training and instructions relative to their responsibilities.
• Assist the chairpersons with the management of the department's business affairs and budget control.
• Overall responsibility for fiscal management of accounts.
• Works with confidential reports, budgets and payroll authorization.
• Assist the chairpersons with the preparation and maintenance of the annual budgets.
• Analyses and monitors accounts using Workday.
• Responsible for expenditure control.
• Supervises all purchases and reimbursements for the departments.
• Oversees the expenditure control for all travel requests and the preparation of journals, expense reports, PO's, work orders, check requisitions, etc. for the department.
• Responsible for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with departmental, college and university policies and procedures.
• Responsible for negotiating vendor pricing and services and makes purchase decisions of office supplies; keeps inventory, etc.
• Graduate Program Administrator - Supervises student recruitment and admissions process for the graduate programs.
• Oversees preparation and mailing of brochures and application materials.
• Ensure compliance with departmental and university policies and procedures.
• Identify problems and opportunities, prepares status summary for the chairs and make recommendations as appropriate.
• Ensure that expenditures on all accounts do not exceed budgeted levels.
• For needs beyond established budget, works with chair to identify alternative sources and/or to request funds.
• Responsible for on-line input of PEF/payroll papers.
• Responsible for PCard purchases.
• Coordinates all personnel actions and paperwork for the departments.
• Departmental liaison with facilities administration and housekeeping to insure the departmental facilities are appropriately maintained.
• Identifies problems and informs chairs of major problems that require his/her action or funding from outside the department.
Assistant to the Chairpersons
• Serve as confidential secretary to the chairpersons, assisting with confidential matters regarding students and faculty.
• Initiates reports/correspondence, internally & outside UM on behalf of Chairs.
• Assist the chairpersons with the annual faculty reappointment, promotion and tenure process.
• Ensures that all procedures are followed in a timely manner and that paperwork is submitted correctly.
• Coordinate meetings, compiles files, prepares confidential correspondence.
• Assist with faculty recruitment process.
• Ensures compliance with College and University policies regarding searches (affirmative action, dean's office, etc.); maintains appropriate files and documents; handles correspondence.
Other duties as assigned
University of Miami
University of Miami
University of Miami