Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
A Project HSE Manager is an integral member of a project team and they are highly dedicated to the health and well-being of others. In addition to serving as a safety resource for their teammates, their main function is to facilitate Sundt HS&E programs. This position includes three 'steps' (I, II and Sr.), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a short experience in safety and they typically report to another Project HSE Manager. Individuals in step II have the capability of managing small to medium size/complexity projects on their own. Sr Project HSE Managers have several years of experience and the ability to manage larger and more complex projects.
1. Conducts frequent safety walks/inspections of the project and adjacent property.
2. Conducts site-specific safety orientations.
3. Creates, updates, maintains, and facilitates the Project Environmental Management Plan.
4. Creates, updates, maintains, and facilitates the Project Safety Management Plan.
5. Facilitates the Sundt Safety Management and Illness Prevention Systems Manual on the project.
6. Manages emergencies, incidents, and worker's compensation claims.
7. Reviews and files project safety documentation.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Certifications and licenses: Preferred, but not required- STSC, CHST, ASP, CSP.
2. Education: high school diploma minimum, bachelor's degree preferred.
3. Experience: At least one year of full-time project safety experience.
4. Good written and verbal communication (proper grammar, spelling, etc.
5. High level of integrity for reporting incidents and events, as well as upholding company policy, personal activities, etc.
6. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
7. Special skills: able to use various computer software and apps proficiently, bi-lingual preferred .
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
2. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
3. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
4. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors.
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
6. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
7. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
8. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day.
9. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
10. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate and for this position only. It is provided pursuant to the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules for positions located in California. The following pay range is based on geographical market data and does not include additional incentives that can impact total compensation. Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, education, and overall job-related experience. Pay Range $85,000-$130,000
about 3 hours ago
Department of the Navy
about 3 hours ago
about 10 hours ago
Sundt Construction, Inc.