Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test, and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts, entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings, and more.
The Quality Engineer for our Terrell, TX facility isn’t just a job – it’s a starting point to an awesome career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within at our facility. Opportunities to advance into higher roles of responsibility and pay are everywhere. You can be our next success story!
This role is perfect for an individual who approaches their work professionally loves to be a part of a team and wants to help us get better every day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
What OBE Offers You
• Competitive pay
• Paid time off
• 10 Holidays (inclusive of 2 floating holidays)
• Market competitive 401(k) match
• Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Short-term and long-term disability coverage
• Life Insurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
• B. S. in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering/Technology, or Quality Assurance/Management, or a science-related field, or minimum of 5 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills: ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels in the organization and external contacts
• Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Principles
• Certifications in Lean or Six Sigma a plus.
• Hands-on approach to problem solving, willing to be highly interactive and engaging with shop floor personnel and processes.
• Proficient in MS Office
• Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes (fenestration industry, metal fabrication, glazing, and/or metal finishing) a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
• Drive Lean Manufacturing development and implementation
• Standard Work documentation, 5-S, Visual Factory, Mistake Proofing, Set-up Reduction projects
• Lean Manufacturing training and support
• Have the ability to perform time studies, process and value stream mapping
• Participate with employee teams to improve processes and resolve issues focused on waste elimination, setup reduction, mistake proofing, production flow, etc.
• Support Quality Management development and implementation
• Identify and develop quality standards, both external and internal.
• Develop work instructions, training, inspections, checklists and other documentation required to ensure quality processes and compliance to standards.
• Prepare/analyze data to identify quality issues, investigate to determine root cause, develop corrective action plans
• Use problem solving techniques to identify root cause
• Assist with implementation of QMS system
• Support Safety Culture of Zero Harm
• Audit processes to identify opportunities to improve and ensure safety of our employees
• Audit processes to established control plans.
• Incorporate safety work practices in process documentation and training
• Participate in safety activities and training
• Work closely with plant leadership and employees to integrate a QMS, CI and Safety methodology focused on customer value, employee engagement, process standardization and improvement.
• Minimal travel required.
Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has partnered with DailyPay to offer you the ability to access your earnings before your next paycheck based on current hours worked. Certain terms and conditions apply.
At OBE we strive to build a culture that embraces all employees and creates a great place to work for everyone. We do this by:
• Empowering experienced and entrepreneurial managers who have a customer-first focus at all levels.
• Building teams of demand creation specialists, technical sales, and local customer sales/support talent.
• Identifying a deep bench of talent with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets to drive robust decision-making and ensure our ability to promote from within.
• Executing formalized talent management processes that ensure all employees have the best in market skills
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
about 22 hours ago
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope Inc
Admin - Clerical
about 22 hours ago
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope Inc
3 days ago
about 2 hours ago
30+ days ago
about 2 hours ago