Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Data & BI Senior Analyst is responsible for providing actionable insights to support business decisions. They work in collaboration with other analysts and stakeholders on the formulation of appropriate analytic approach to solve ambiguous business problems.
1. Maintain a strong understanding of division results & key business drivers to be able to apply understanding to analytic approach to influence key strategies and business performance.
2. Drive measurement, improvement, and optimization strategies by connecting business activity to outcomes that will help achieve stated goals.
3. Build and maintain an understanding of data flows, sources, and data transformations across multiple domains. Extract, merge, cleanse and transform data from multiple sources as needed for analysis.
4. Apply critical thinking to pressure test and validate logic and outputs against known sources and understanding of business. Proactively identify data quality issues and collaborate with other subject matter experts to identify solutions.
5. Define business and data requirements for analytic deliverables and serve as a liaison with IS support teams. Lead collaboration with IDM for data improvements and proactively identify data enhancements in conjunction with division data stewards.
6. Actively participate in industry and trade data and analytic communities in order to bring fresh ideas to the organization.
7. Work with team to generate and incorporate insights into a cohesive story that clearly addresses business questions and influences decision making. Effectively lead the creation and communication of tailored messages to influence senior leaders regarding analytic ideas, approach, key takeaways, and actionable insights.
8. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
9. Consult with business owners to understand the business problem. Independently identify the appropriate analytic approach to solve the problem. Provide mentorship and feedback to others on analytic approach and leverage systems thinking to connect work to other strategic initiatives.
10. Lead and influence the development of KPI and benchmark development. Communicate results to senior leaders.
11. Serve as a functional and technical data subject matter expert
• 5-7 years' experience in relevant field
• At least 4 years of analytics experience
• Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in business, economics, math, engineering, or analytics preferred (or relevant work experience)
• Advanced Degree or Certification preferred
• Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures within a job discipline
• Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities
• Proficiency interacting with various database and file storage systems (Examples: Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL). Understanding of join types.
• Intermediate experience with data manipulation languages, such as SQL, required
• Understanding of statistical concepts and analytic techniques, including descriptive statistics, forecasting, economic modeling, various regression techniques, machine learning, exploratory analysis, and variance analysis techniques.
• Ability to determine if particular analytic problem requires capabilities that don't reside in the division. Proficiency in applying descriptive statistics, univariate analysis, forecasting, economic modeling, and class variance analysis.
• Ability to use special statistical software for appropriate use cases
• Ability to perform univariate analytic techniques
15 minutes ago
15 minutes ago
29 minutes ago
Veterinary Emergency Group
Goodwill Industries of SE WIS
Goodwill Industries of SE WIS