PROD PLANNER I
at NSG Glass North America, Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
- Schedules the production of material through the plant to meet customer requirements and maintains inventory levels
- Optimizes resource planning operations through reduced set ups, family scheduling, etc.
- Identifies and acts on exceptions to demand or production schedule
- Provide information to and coordinates with Purchasing Department to aid in the schedule for consumption of component parts and glass
- Maintains open communication with customers, manufacturing and support personnel, and subcontractors to assure manufacturing plans are clearly understood and fulfilled
- Assists in coordinating engineering changes
- Participates in new product development programs
- Interfaces with NMI/GSC and schedules pre-customer release development runs
- Maintains accurate records and documentation for history and audit purposes
- Supports departmental activities by serving as backup for other Materials positions as required.
- Prepares and publishes daily and weekly schedules
- Develops 12 week plan by part number
- Maintains updated procedures in support of Pilkington Quality System Requirements
- Provides assistance to Purchasing to determine material usage per part for annual blanket order estimation
- Review work in process material status on production floor
- Conduct weekly scheduling meetings
- Minimizes/eliminates obsolete material
- Participates in monthly/annual physical inventories
- Verifies Bill of Material and Routing accuracy
- Maintains the Material Master records
- Conducts all business affairs in accordance with Pilkington’s business philosophy and Standards of Business Conduct
- Responsible for following the Environmental, Quality, and Safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Adherence to NSG Standards of Business Conduct and it’s Values and Principles
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Good knowledge of plant operations
- Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress.
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business or related field
- 3-5 years Materials/Logistics experience
- APICS certification
- Strategic Thinking
- Good Organizer
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
See job description