Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Contributes to the mission of Goodwill by providing the best customer service to our customers. Maximizes the stores appearance by cleaning and straightening, filling in the sales floor, and assisting with visual presentation.
(Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.)
1. Demonstrates an enthusiastic, positive attitude at all times. Acts courteously and with interest in each customer encounter.
2. Greets every customer swiftly upon entering the building. Makes eye contact and smiles. Thanks each customer at the end of the transaction and when they leave the store.
3. Engages with customers, takes the opportunity to roam the sales floor to engage with customers and provides assistance if needed.
4. Processes customer transactions quickly and accurately within the cash handling guidelines.
5. Participates in putting fresh product out on the sales floor.
6. Participates in rotating stock.
7. Understands the stores Round Up goal and meets the individual goal assigned by the store manager.
8. Maintains the sales floor in a clean, neat and orderly fashion.
9. Maintains wrap desks free of clutter.
10. Responsible for maintaining all floor visual presentations i.e. houseware end caps, visuals on the end of the H-rack, visuals with low stock.
11. If unable to address store cleanliness issues, brings the situation to the attention of management.
The associate in this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Will consider a combination of education and work experience.
No previous experience required.
No professional certifications are required for this position.
The associate is not required to drive as part of their job duties.
The associate in this position will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Lives the Values, Drives for Results, Customer Focus, Communication, Job Skills Knowledge
Associates are required to follow Goodwill's safety rules and regulations, as outlined in Goodwill's policies.
Information Privacy and Security
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Work Conditions
The associate is required to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
The associate works in a moderate work environment with occasional exposure to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.).
The associate must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is anEqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click on this link to access our EEO / Affirmative Action Program posters and learn about your rights as an applicant.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact the recruiting team at Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia at804-745-6300or via email atRecruitingAccommodations@goodwillvirginia.org . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Applicants using Assistive Technology are encouraged to use our Indeed job board to submit applications. Click here to go to our Indeed Job board.
about 10 hours ago
1 day ago
3 days ago
30+ days ago
about 2 hours ago
about 2 hours ago