Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
**$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for Newly Hired Team Members**
Duke Hospital (Duke Compounding Faciity) Durham, North Carolina
M-F 12pm to 8:30pm
Perform, under supervision of a licensed pharmacist, a variety of technical duties related to the preparing and dispensing of drugs according to standard procedure
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare sterile-to-sterile and non-sterile-to-sterile intravenous admixtures or other sterile products
· Perform advanced compounding activities including weighing bulk API, mixing, aseptic filtration, depyrogenation, and terminal steam sterilization.
· Finalize batch packaging (label, package, seal)
· Fill orders and stock requisitions.
· Deliver medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas.
· Answer telephones and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
· Fill daily restock request and appropriately document in the compounding software.
· Collect and enter materials for compounding batches in the compounding software for pharmacist approval
· Provide technical support for compounding operations including equipment cleaning, sterilization, and maintenance.
· Prepare and reconcile labels for compounded batches.
· Assist with cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization of compounding equipment and product components
· Assisting finish/fill operations as required
· Maintain logs, records, and other required documentation. File documentation in the appropriate location.
· Complete and document all assigned medication storage area inspections at least monthly. Identify and replace outdated and unusable drugs. Monitor assigned quality improvement indicators of individual or departmental performance
· Stock medications and supplies for production needs.
· Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
Knowledge of drug names, basic math, medical terminology, basic computer skills.
· Ability to compound medications and admix intravenous under the supervision of a pharmacist
· Ability to work rotating shifts.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Understanding of good inventory practices such as first in/first out and maintaining par levels.
· Knowledge of analytical scale operations
· Advanced aseptic manipulation knowledge.
· Knowledge of FDA compounding guidances and cGMP experience preferred.
Work requires high school or equivalent. Successful completion of a formalized Pharmacy Technician program preferred.
Work requires a minimum of two years experience as a Pharmacy Technician plus completion of advanced competencies checklist as documented and approved by the Department of Pharmacy. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Pharmacy technician certification is required from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration is required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
about 3 hours ago
about 4 hours ago
Church World Service, Inc.
about 10 hours ago