Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Brake Supply Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and as such will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetics, physical or mental disability, or other protected characteristic.
Brake Supply Heavy Equipment Company, the world's leader in re-manufactured parts and components, is now hiring! Come join our growing team!
We are celebrating 75 years of business in 2022 (1947-2022)! Since 1947 Brake Supply has served the mining, marine, industrial and heavy equipment industry. Our 10 locations are dedicated to providing outstanding quality and customer service. Brake Supply is more than just brakes! We re-manufacture transmissions, torque converters, differentials, drivelines, final drives, wet brakes, hydraulic cylinders, pumps, motors, valves and much more.
Our Beaver, West Virginia location has an immediate opening for a Cylinder Mechanic
Job Responsibilities of the Cylinder Mechanic / Technician:
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy cylinder mechanic environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential concerns
* Checks tolerances, dimensions, and specifications by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside mics, spring gauges (inside/outside), telescoping gauges, chrome thickness gauge, chrome hardness gauge, etc.)
* Determines components specifications (tolerances, thickness, lengths, etc.) by measuring tolerances and comparing to blueprints, drawings, cylinder identifications and parts breakdown, etc.
* Inspects torn-down components to identify defects and flaws
* Lists and identifies action items that need to be taken and records findings onto the Inspection Report Form
* Research and orders needed parts, supplies and materials by completing BOM (Bill of Material) form
* Summarizes specific steps that need to be performed to rebuild the product by completing the machine shop work ticket
* Moves components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists and pallet jacks, etc.
* Assembles components by using specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, Tuxco machine, etc.
* Cleans parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e., parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris
* References component information by logging onto computer, entering work order number or part number to retrieve blueprints, breakdowns, past history, inventory, etc.
* Establishes clearances, torque values, lengths, etc. by performing mathematical calculations
* Ensures precision equipment is maintained by following scheduled maintenance plan, keeping tools clean, calibrating, and placing in secure locations
* Documents work for warranties by taking photos and recording details of inspections and findings onto the incoming inspection report
* Secure all dimensional and or surface finish parameters before beginning hone process.
* Neatly list the "finished" dimension and or surface finish on work sheet upon completion of each hone order
* Learn of updates in policies and procedures by reading and understanding ISO literature, OSHA materials, company handbooks, training materials, memorandums, bulletin board postings, MSDS, etc.
* Carry an on-call phone if/when applicable, on a rotating schedule as required.
* Performs more duties as assigned
Job Requirements of the Cylinder Mechanic / Cylinder Technician:
* Have excellent organization skills
* Handle rush orders as the need arises and have flexibility to change routines
* Demonstrate accuracy in working with detail
* Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Effectively share information in one-on-one and small group situations
* Apply common sense understanding to carry out oral and written instructions
* Have ability to deal with problems in standardized situations
* Have ability to multitask
* Begin and complete a project with moderate supervision
* Hydraulic experience
* Ability to read and understand schematics
Compensation and Benefits of the Cylinder Mechanic / Cylinder Technician:
* Company provides all tools and uniforms
* Excellent wages
* Outstanding benefits including 401k (match), medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays, and personal time
* Tuition reimbursement
* Exceptional work environment
Brake Supply is an Equal Opportunity employer
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the team member handbook or other written agreement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Including disability/veteran
about 19 hours ago
2 days ago
Brake Supply Heavy Equipment
3 days ago
Brake Supply Heavy Equipment