Required routine handling of light-weight objects up to 10 pounds, or some standing or walking for extended periods.
Primarily day shift. Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Some additional time possibly required to meet fiscal deadlines.
The College of Medicine is currently seeking an Administrative Staff Officer to support the MIMG department. This high volume position will report to the Department Administrator III .
Primary duties include providing financial information to the department administrator to assist in budget development and other financial decisions. Will be responsible for financial transactions for the department accounts and reconciliation on a timely basis. Will assist with payroll transactions and all other financial and business-related duties as assigned. This position will be responsible for reviewing all procard transactions within the department. Will support department business staff and prioritize work assignments as well as special projects.
In addition to being detail-oriented, the successful candidate will exhibit maturity and good judgment and have proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel; strong interpersonal skills; the ability to prioritize; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and the capacity to work independently and with flexibility. This position will have a fully onsite work arrangement.
This position has been identified as supporting UK HealthCare, which receives funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ( CMS ). Therefore, all individuals hired into this position must comply with the federal CMS mandate issued in March of 2022. This mandate requires all new hires to provide proof of COVID -19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. Start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID -19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Technical reporting and analysis; Review and interpretation of technical terms associated with procurement
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all - identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Please tell us how your experience relates to the duties of this position. (Open Ended Question)
* Please provide a specific example from your past experience that highlights your ability to provide great customer service. (Open Ended Question)
* Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience with account reconciliation.
More than 0, up through 1 year
More than 1 year, up through 2 years
More than 2 years, up through 3 years
More than 3 years
* The College of Medicine recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within our college, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of these values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
* The College of Medicine seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, student, and colleague we encounter. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the College of Medicine values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
* The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted. I understand that I will be obligated to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination or exemption requirement prior to starting employment at the University of Kentucky.
* Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)