One of the following: 1. State Registered Nurse Assistant ( SRNA ) 2. Certified Nursing Assistant ( CNA ) 3. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical 4. EMT /medic including military medic 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program. 5. Graduate from a licensed practical nursing program. 6. CST III at UK in the last 12 months. BLS at time of hire through American Heart Association ( AHA ) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider.
Requires handling/pushing of average weights or objects up to 25 pounds with some sitting, standing, and walking.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Travel is required at least once a month.
The Medical Assistant (MA) will be responsible for direct patient care and provides clinical support to providers.
Duties include but not limited to the following: obtain patient medical history information, expedite patient flow, room patients, stock clinic with supplies, navigate electronic health record system, schedule and follow-up with appointments and assist with medication fill requests, prior authorizations and schedule tests, procedures and consults.
The MA will communicate with pharmacies, insurance companies, patients and physicians in a respectful manner and follow UK HealthCare values for service excellence.
This position has been identified as supporting UK HealthCare, which receives funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ( CMS ). Therefore, all individuals hired into this position must comply with the federal CMS mandate issued in March of 2022. This mandate requires all new hires to provide proof of COVID -19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. Start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID -19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Organization skills, communication skills, relationship/patient centered, time management skills, attention to detail.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
One or more years pediatric clinical experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all - identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you have one of the following, or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire? 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, Certified Nursing Assistant (Aid) 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Paramedic 4. Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program 5. Graduate from a licensed practical nursing program 6. CST III at UK in the last 12 months
* Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA), or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
* Do you have experience working with children?
* Do you have cardiology experience?
* University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
* University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
* The University of Kentucky considers the health, safety and well-being of our entire community to be a top priority. In alignment with this priority, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment. For areas that fall under the federal CMS mandate, start of employment cannot occur until two weeks after receiving the full COVID-19 vaccination series or upon obtaining an approved exemption. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization can be accepted. I understand that I will be obligated to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination or exemption requirement prior to starting employment at the University of Kentucky.
* Where did you first see this position advertised?