Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
We are currently hiring for a Full time and Part time Activities Assistant. This position will plan, develop and direct the overall operation of the activities department in accordance with regulatory guidelines and our established policies and procedures and assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet the level of interests and abilities of each resident. The availability to work weekend shifts is required. This position will be working in the Health Center, Assisted Living, and Memory Care buildings.
ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with
Westminster and its communities.
1. Implement and conduct programs as assigned by the Activities Director, encouraging residents to attend. Includes setup prior to and clean-up after completion of activities.
2. Leads and assists residents groups on community outings.
3. Conducts one-on-one activities with those residents requiring them.
4. Completes documentation such as Assessments and Daily Attendance Sheets.
5. Purchase and organize decorations and supplies for daily activities & holidays.
6. Assist with decorating Health Center common areas.
ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Possess a minimum of a high school diploma, with interests in recreation, crafts and music helpful.
Must have basic knowledge of food preparation and handling. Certified Nurse Assistant certificate preferred.
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
Must have experience in recreational and activities programs in senior citizens group nursing homes or related activities within the last two years. Must be familiar with dementia or willing to learn about the condition.
To learn more about our culture and what it is like to work at Westminster Communities of Florida, follow us on our social channels (Facebook and Instagram) at @WestminsterCareers.
See job description
10 minutes ago
about 2 hours ago
about 4 hours ago
Canam Steel Corporation