Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
Performs any assigned tasks of a routine nature, involving the installation, inspection, troubleshooting, testing, maintenance, repair and operation of transmission line facilities and equipment, including distribution lines, when necessary. Participates in on-the-job training and in any required coursework or other educational opportunities in order to upgrade transmission line skills and knowledge and in order to enhance the possibilities for greater responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs the preparatory, as well as clean-up chores associated with various transmission line projects, as assigned; responsible for keeping track of materials and tools, as appropriate, running errands and performing other appropriate tasks, as necessary.
· Assists, with guidance from other Transmission Line personnel, in the installation, inspection, troubleshooting, testing, maintenance, repair and operation of transmission line facilities and equipment in order to attain competence and improve knowledge of the General Switching Procedures, as well as the functions and layout of the transmission systems and equipment.
· Responsible for learning the following skills under the guidance of a qualified employee: Basic blueprint reading, including schematics, symbols, specifications, material lists, staking sheets and inventory; basic math and measurements; hand tools and portable power tools; pole and structure climbing; pole types, classes and treatments; hole digging, hauling and basic framing; anchoring and guying; transmission line hardware, apparatus and conductors; geographic knowledge of transmission system areas, line numbers and switch locations; grounding of circuit and switch operations as well as hold card placement and removal; inspection of transmission lines and associated equipment; transmission safety practices, safety equipment and first aid skills; operation of transmission line trucks and other motorized equipment, including compliance with DOT regulations; job requirements and limitations during emergency conditions; and development of troubleshooting skills.
· Responsible for the proper utilization, maintenance and security of assigned tools, equipment and work areas.
· Makes recommendations to the Area Coordinator Line or the assigned Line Working Foreman about any practices, procedures or requirements in order to facilitate maintenance schedules, short- or long-range plans, or any other efficiencies or cost improvements.
· Acts in an exemplary manner in order to maintain and promote safe practices and procedures, and to participate in scheduled safety meetings and first aid classes.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, including successful coursework in mathematics and science
· A demonstrated potential, either through work experience or education, for success in transmission line occupations
Skills and Abilities:
· Mechanical and electrical aptitude; math and science; dependable and cooperative; must qualify for and maintain the appropriate driver’s license in order to operate heavy vehicles
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
26 days ago
Traylor Bros, Inc
26 days ago
Sterling Industrial, LLC
30 days ago
Traylor Bros, Inc