Arbors at Oregon is looking for a Dietary Aide to Join our Team!:
Help Us Make a Difference!:
Arbors at Oregon is a 5-Star Rated care center in Quality of Resident Care and is an integral part of our large Arbors of Ohio portfolio of 16 centers state-wide, which makes us a leading healthcare provider in Ohio! We are looking for a compassionate individual to join our team.
Our dietary aides are passionate about creating superb meals for the elderly. Our dietary aides have the esteemed honor of creating meals to exact specifications to ensure the nutrition needs of our residents are met.
Close attention to detail is paramount to our food service team as they verify that the proper food is made for the right resident - looking out for allergies, special needs, and requests.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about good food and has had some experience cooking in LTC or a restaurant capacity.
Other duties that our dietary aides assist with are, taking part in cleaning routines, inventory, and other duties as assigned.
What Benefits Do We Offer You?
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities That Meet Your Goals
* Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits for You Your Family
* Employee Benefits Concierge - to Guide You in Maximizing Your Benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation Days with Rollover Option and Sick Time
* 401k Retirement with Company Match
* Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Mobile Phone Discount Program
* Unlimited Referral Bonuses and more!
Text: DIET AIDE ORE to (833) 383-6754 to Apply Now!
Thank you for considering a career with us!
We can't wait to meet you!:
Assists with the preparation and service of food using proper food handling and food safety techniques for residents, as well as employees and special events, that tastes good and is served at the proper temperature and in an attractive manner in accordance with established standards. Maintains a clean and safe working environment in accordance with established standards.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Food Handlers permit if required per state regulations
* Experience in food service desired.
* Prepares and/or pre-portions food (such as beverages, salads, desserts, and other items assigned by the supervisor) for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu for meals and snacks, as well as employees and special events, as instructed.
* Prepares and/or portions food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations.
* Makes only authorized changes to the planned menu and records the change according to established policy.
* Ensures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner.
* Utilizes standardized recipes to prepare menu items.
* Ensures that meals and snacks are delivered to designated areas according to established time schedules.
* Ensures that the proper quantity of food is prepared and/or pre-portioned as directed and within established time schedules.
* Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records temperatures of food according to established procedures.
* Serves resident meals/snacks accurately in accordance with the planned menu, the resident's diet order, and food preferences.
* Uses the correct portion control utensils during the preparation, pre-portioning, and service of food.
* Labels, dates, and stores food properly according to established policies.
* Ensures that refrigerator/freezer temperatures are within the appropriate range. Records temperatures on appropriate logs and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
* Washes dishes, etc. according to established procedures for manual and/or automatic dishwashing. Records water temperatures and/or sanitizer on designated logs. Reports any problems with proper water temperature or sanitizer to the supervisor in a timely manner.
* Keeps work area clean and uncluttered during preparation and service of food.
* Performs cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals.
* Performs duties using proper infection control techniques and using protective equipment as needed.
* Ensures that dishes, etc. are readily available for the next meal. Stores dishes, etc. in the proper location in a way to prevent contamination.
* Assists in receiving, storing, and verifying invoices for incoming food, supplies, etc. as indicated by the supervisor.
* Ensures that an adequate supply of food, supplies, etc. is available at all times. Reports inadequate stock levels to the supervisor in a timely manner.
* Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
* Maintains the security of the department.
* Performs all duties using proper safety techniques.
* Operates equipment according to manufacturer and supervisory direction. Maintains equipment in clean and safe operating condition. Reports all equipment problems to supervisor promptly.
* Completes tasks according to established time schedules.
* Makes recommendations to the supervisor regarding improvements in recipes, menus, production and service of food, equipment, etc. to enhance the quality of the food service.
* Works cooperatively as a team member with co-workers in all departments of the Nursing Center.
* Interacts appropriately and in a positive manner with residents, families, and visitors.
* Demonstrates professional conduct and ethics according to Company policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Attends in-service education and applies instruction to job.