Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
$24 / hr. - Must have current ACT235 Certification and 6+ Months of Security, Military, or LE Experience
Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response as dictated by the situation and protocol. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
2. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response following established protocol for the site and as dictated by the situation, by the company, and through required training and licensing; maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons as required.
3. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
4. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
5. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
6. Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
7. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
8. Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
9. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
10. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
11. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
We have been protecting our nation throughout history. For more than 150 years, our means have evolved but our purpose to protect our nation has remained intact, touching millions of lives. From nuclear plants and government installations to specialized investigative services, we assure the country's safety and stability, relying on solid experience.
We value diligence, professionalism, and honesty. We are proud to call ourselves Paragon/SCIS. Our company is a symbol of integrity; a reflection of each individual that composes it. We have built our reputation because accountability is in our blood.
About the Team
Paragon/SCIS is composed of over 14,000 employees, caring for one another and for the success of our clients and our company. Working on the same site together, we bond with our colleagues; every day, serving the same purpose with dedication and a vigilant eye.
Our employees have diverse profiles: veterans, retired police officers, trained armed guards, professionals and experienced managers. Their background and strength of character are carefully vetted so when you join, you know that you have been selected and are amongst the best.
From Armed Security officers to Mailroom Service Clerks and Fire Fighters, from Field Investigators to Site Supervisors, we all stand united to maintain order in the most critical infrastructures of our nation. With diligence, 24/7, we are the eyes and ears on the ground. We matter.
Our work is demanding. We thrive in the midst of challenge. We are brave, organized, ready. And, we are rewarded for it with above market pay, comprehensive benefits and valuable training. We believe in the vital role that we play in society and the recognition we get from it fuels us.
Our values are the foundation of our operations. They are summarized in three words: Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness.
A Paragon/SCIS employee is honest and therefore trusted to work unsupervised on the customer's premises and with valuables. Paragon/SCIS never compromises in its demand for integrity. Integrity also includes openly expressing one's opinion, reporting improprieties and not withholding information.
Professionalism entails seeing, hearing and evaluating, and a Paragon/SCIS employee is always attentive. Professionals develop an intuition that helps us to notice things that others don't. Their vigilance is needed in order to stay aware of potential risks or incidents that are taking place on our customers' premises.
Helpfulness is about our employees always being ready to assist within the context of a particular assignment.
about 21 hours ago
The AZEK Company
1 day ago
3 days ago
Paragon Systems, Inc
41 minutes ago
41 minutes ago
about 1 hour ago
County of Riverside