Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide.
Distribution employees are assigned tasks within the normal operation of a distribution center. The assigned tasks are repetitive in nature and acceptable proficiency can normally be attained within a few days.
One is normally assigned to a specific task's area within the production flow of the garments. The various task's areas are explained separately. Due to varying warehouse production requirements, incumbents may be instructed by a member of the management team to assume tasks not normally assigned to the incumbent.
All positions in the plant require the following:
*Perform the assigned tasks in a proficient manner. This includes attaining a minimum of 100% of the production standard for tasks for which production standards have been established.
*Maintain high quality standards on all work performed. Inspect all materials for damage or excessive wear and properly report the findings to the appropriate responsible person for resolution.
*Maintain a clean and hazard free work area. Immediately report all broken or malfunctioning equipment or safety hazards to the appropriate person for corrective action.
*Follow all company and work rules. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
*Support an environment of continuous improvement by making suggestions and implementing where possible.
*Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
* Responsible for the overall carton flow through the departments.
* Remove cartons from picking conveyor and place in designated locations of flow rack or floor area.
* Palletize by dates for Wearguard boxes.
* Put the work in the flow racks by priority and don't mix the dates.
* Remove cartons from flow rack, write the station number on the carton label and send the carton to that workstation.
* Keep workstations stocked at all times.
* Move cartons using a hand truck to the stations as needed.
* Push finished cartons on outbound conveyor.
* Repair damaged cartons as needed.
* Communicate to leadership team the status of the work flow throughout the shift.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Exposure to adverse temperatures which may include extreme hot or cold. The following physical activities are required: lifting, reaching, bending, walking, standing, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver a minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance. Tight deadlines that may require overtime are required. Overtime may be required. Notification of overtime may occur the same day that the overtime is required.
* 6 months experience in a warehouse environment or related field
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
* Stand and walk 8-10 hours in a day
* If applicable - Able to be forklift certified
* RF scanner experience preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to multi-task
* Detail oriented
* Good organizational skills
* Excellent attendance and performance
* Able to work a flexible schedule and/or overtime as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
In Unit-Distr Ctr-Warehse
about 6 hours ago
about 14 hours ago
The Stepping Stones Group
about 23 hours ago