Job Description Summary
The Van Driver (VD) operates the hotel van to and from guest destinations in a safe and courteous manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Respond to all guest requests for shuttle service in a prompt and courteous manner; assist guests with luggage while boarding and off-loading vehicle.
- Operate vehicle in accordance with state laws; observe all airport rules pertaining the shuttle vehicles.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets and services to guests and provide information regarding local attractions and activities.
- Perform daily inspection of vehicles; take necessary action to correct deficiencies or unsafe conditions; keep vehicle clean and neat at all times.
- Maintain vehicle mileage log.
- Regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Assist in housekeeping and/or laundry duties to include house attendant rounds and the washing, drying folding of hotel laundry.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery of guest services is delivered.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of previous hotel experience, or retail customer service preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Information/Anticipated
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.