Environmental GIS Professional (Sacramento) at ERM West Inc
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sacramento, California
ERM is seeking an experienced Environmental GIS Professional to join our Sacramento, CA (other locations within the Northern California region will be considered) office as an integral part of the Data Management, Modeling, and Visualization Group. Our team is growing and we are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented person to work on a wide range of environmental projects across the globe. The primary requirement for this role will be to provide GIS support to projects and additional environmental data management support as needed. Additional tasks will include supporting team management with scheduling tasks, managing projects and writing proposals. Both full-time and part-time applicants will be considered.
- Support visualization of environmental data through GIS mapping, including both desktop mapping, web GIS system development, and working in an SDE environment.
- Work to existing GIS standards and assist development and roll-out of new procedures.
- Support the GIS and database manager and consulting staff to upload data from laboratory, field, and historical sources.
- Support on the ground data collection and surveying staff with real time mapping and data analysis.
- Communicate any issues with data, and recommend possible solutions.
- Work with project teams to define database requirements and help develop specifications.
- Create procedures for automation, ensure consistency and update/create database documentation.
- BS/BA Degree in either GIS or a related environmental field and a solid GIS background. Master’s degree preferred.
- The candidate should have 4+ years of previous consulting experience in Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Data Management and/or Database Administration.
- Must have a good understanding of GIS data structures and standards, relational databases and strong analytical skills.
- Should have attributes to become a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self- starter that takes initiative, versatile and has a service mentality).
- Must be organized, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and able to work under deadline pressure.
- Experience with ESRI GIS products (ArcGIS Desktop and Server) is essential with specific experience with any of Model builder, Python scripting, ArcSDE and ArcGIS application development (desktop or server) preferred.
- Experience with the following additional applications is preferred; EarthSoft’s EQuIS, MS Access, MS SQL Server.
- Experience with application development (HTML, XML, Flex, Silverlight VB/C# .NET, ASP.NET), environmental modeling (soil, groundwater etc.) or GPS would be advantageous.
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability related services. We have more than 5,000 people in over 40 counties working out of more than 150 offices. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past five years we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See Job Description