1) Who should sign up for disABLEDperson.com? disABLEDperson.com a national job board for people with disabilities who are looking for work and for employers who are proactively looking to hire people with disabilities.
2) How do I sign up? Click on the Sign up Now button on the right. Fill in all of the information and click submit. Wait! You are not done. Our system will send you an email to activate your account. Simply open it and click the hyperlink and your account is activated. Some email services will not allow live hyperlinks. In that case, simply copy and paste the link into a browser and that will activate your account.
3) I didn’t receive my confirmation email, where is it? Depending on your security settings sometimes the confirmation email goes into SPAM folders. Take a look there. If you still do not see it, send us an email at email@example.com
4) I’m an employer and I want to post jobs on your site, how do I sign up? Click the Sign up Now button on the right. Look at the bottom of the window that opens up there is a check box that says “Register as a corporation to post jobs”, check it. It will expand the window. Fill in all the information and click submit. Please read #s 2 and 3 for the rest.
5) I’m confused, how did I get to your site? Because of the population we serve, many job aggregators, public and private agencies take our jobs and post them on their respective site to serve people with disabilities who are on their site. You probably started there and clicked over to us.
6) I do not have a disability, can I still apply for this job? The jobs on our site are for the best qualified candidates. That being said, we suggest that you locate the position that you are interested in on the company’s career site and apply for it through there. The apply click button on our site is tagged. If you click it and apply for a position, the employer will know you came from us and assume you are a person with a disability.
7) Did all of these employers really post all of these jobs on your site to hire people with disabilities? Yes! All of the jobs on our site were intentionally put there. Again as we said earlier, the employer is looking for the best qualified candidates. However, all of the employers who post jobs to our site are doing so for 1 of three reasons: a) Because they simply are proactive and want to hire people with disabilities, b) They are looking for a payroll tax credit which they get by hiring people with disabilities and c) They are companies who work with the U.S. Federal Government called Federal Contractors and by rules and regulations of the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) have a goal of 7% of their workforce being people with disabilities. Most of our employers fall into category C.
8) How do I sign up for email job alerts? Once, logged in, click on the My Account button on the right, then click on the Notification Preferences button and check the box that says “Send daily email notifications”.
9) I’m an employer, where do I get pricing and posting information? For pricing, please look on the right column, you will see a link to our pricing. For posting or pricing information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply give us a call at 760-420-1269.
10) How do I cancel my account? We would hate to see you go. If you must, to cancel your account, log into your account and click on the My Account button. Next click on the Edit Account Details button then scroll to the bottom of the page. There is a red button there. Click it to close your account.