Lead Pharmacist - UVA Community Oncology Pantops at University of Virginia Health System
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Are you an independent thinker who works well with others? If you want more, UVA wants you.
There are many reasons you already know UVA Health System. Our people utilize emerging technology and lead experimental treatment protocols. In fact, our healthcare makes headlines routinely.
But it's the attributes of every UVA Team Member that makes our nationally-recognized care anything but routine. Qualities such as persistence, ingenuity and initiative. These attributes create an environment of respect and responsiveness, in which your contribution counts.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Lead Pharmacist ensures the safe, effective and financially responsible use of oncology medications by providing optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services in the four Community Oncology clinics. This
job will be physically located in Charlottesville, VA at the Pantops office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters prescribing clinician orders into the appropriate computer application.
- Responsible for interpretation of Clinical
and Pharmacokinetic lab data in relation to drug therapy management,
including dosage adjustment recommendations and alternative treatment
- Processes prescribing clinician’s orders (prescriptions).
- Oversees pharmacy technicians’ work.
- Provides drug information to patients, caregivers, and providers.
- Performs pharmacy functions according to Federal, State, local, Health System and Department statutes, regulations and published guideline documents.
- Oversees daily pharmacy operations and enhances the quality and delivery of care.
- Builds and nurtures lasting
collaborative relationships with other healthcare professionals.
- Opportunity to lead or
contribute to care improvement initiatives through collaboration with the
pharmacy or nursing team as opportunities are identified.
- Desire to learn through primary
and secondary sources and share experiences with others in mutual growth.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D required. PGY-1 residency preferred.
- Experience: No experience required. 1-3
years in oncology preferred.
- License/Certification: Virginia State Board of Pharmacy License. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
UVA Community Oncology is made up of four clinical oncology
infusion centers throughout Central Virginia, found in Charlottesville,
Culpeper, Farmville, and Fishersville. The pharmacy team oversees all
medication distribution at these locations, with an agile team of dependable
and experienced pharmacists and technicians. In addition to oncology, the
pharmacists serve as the clinic experts on general medicine topics as our
patients present with complications in addition to their primary diagnosis. An
interest in driving patient care is critical for success in our environment,
and we welcome those who desire to make an immediate impact on patient