Global Growth Director - Platforms
Posted in Business Development 5 months ago.
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Global Growth Director - Platforms
Location: This position can be based in any Honeywell US location.
This position is reporting to the VP of Defense Strategic Programs Honeywell Defense and Space (D&S). This Platform Growth Director position is responsible the sales execution strategy for 300+ core legacy Defense & Space platforms such as (F-35, F-16, F-15, C-130, C-17, Apache etc) maximizing growth of the D&S $5.9B product & sustainment services portfolio and attainment of the D&S $1.0B AOP.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & KEY DELIVERABLES
Growth type programs include:
- Early Stage Programs (Phase 1 & 2) which require controlled "incubation" prior to moving to a particular business segment. These programs have no defined customer, but do have a potential market understood. These programs are typically immature concepts with developing requirements definitions
- Aftermarket growth accelerators / enablers that serve the existing installed base and improve how we execute aftermarket policies and transactions. These include additional sales initiatives through Advanced Technology, targeted Retrofits, Modifications and Upgrades (RMUs).
- Leader will have responsibility for overall business strategy, "go/no go" calls, providing entrepreneurial environment required to see programs to point where they are transitioned within other parts of the business. Responsibilities also include growth targets, opportunity identifications in partnership with MPM and Adv Tech, MRR, STRAP, and employee satisfaction, while ensuring well executed programs in this early stage
- Provides leadership and overall strategy for growth opportunities within Defense and Space Business. Ensures specific growth targets met and execution to plans, including adherence to early stage IPDS. Responsible for development of concepts to maturity level required in order to graduate to funded program status
- Partners with other business leaders, MPM and Advanced Technology for internal growth strategy, while developing long term external customer relationships and industry presence to achieve white space growth
- Leads all aspects of goal setting for the business and growth acceleration initiatives
- Responsible for defining resources needed as well as ensuring resource availability for driving required actions
- Establish the MOS with all CBTs to ensure that an accurate forecast of opportunities is input / maintained within SFDC and that the annual Platform/RMU Wins and Revenue targets are obtained.
- Oversee the platform sales playbooks, platform training days, and tool kit development / maintenance for short and long cycle platform RMUs, as well as, the development and maintenance of the platform overview page for ready and future platforms, within SFDC.
- Develop an MOS for identifying and maturing a pipeline of platform opportunities to continuously grow the D&S business. C
- Collaborate across enterprises, CBTs & SBUs to develop platform product development/growth strategies, campaign plans, and best practices and report to leadership as required.
- Develop strong relationships with M&PM, Business Development, Proposal Ops, and the Business Teams to help in the strategic alignment of the portfolio, develop winning proposals, collateral and training materials and assist in the thorough understand their market and customer needs.
- Works with the entire D&S organization to deliver on specific growth initiatives and process improvements
- Identifies opportunities, develops and executes specific plans to implement them and achieve step change improvements
- Leads the execution of assigned programs and is responsible for maintaining good and consistent performance within budgets and requirements
- Acts as an enabler and drives the MOS across D&S in promoting and implementing growth acceleration initiatives
- Understands the competitive environment, develops, implements and executes mitigation plans
- Communicates requirements with extended organization and is able to influence and receive buy-in on growth initiatives
- Identifies and implements productivity improvements to continuously improve business performance
- Practices a culture of ownership and accountability
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & INTERSECTION POINTS
- Interfaces with internal resources to ensure appropriate level of support for what are seemingly small level programs - champions in water line discussions. Provides internal executive resolution in partnership with functional and business leaders
- Develops business linkage, integration, and resolution with extended organization. Partnership in determining placement and leadership of opportunities as they graduate from the growth systems area. Strong partnership with MPM and Advanced Technology for ensuring directional alignment with overall Aerospace.
- Executive leadership of various external businesses, governmental offices, militaries and vendors. Business relationship building, identification/clarification of opportunities and supplier partnerships
- Professional and industry associations
EXPECTED RESULTS & SUCCESS METRICS
- Attainment of key financial metrics including growth targets, CYO, Wins, revenue, AR, operating income and controllable expenses.
- Drive growth strategies to deliver financial growth for D&S.
- Responsible for talent management including manpower planning/organizational alignment, talent selection and development, MRR, GCP and HPD adherence and direction.
- Develop core D&S adjacency growth strategies and implementation plans for the business.
- Coordinate with Business Development, Strategic Campaign Leaders and MPM to develop over all business plans.
- Year over year business performance improvements: Growth and profitability
- Performance and AOP execution on specific initiatives: Revenue and margin
- Success rate and completion of targeted initiatives
- New program performance metrics: Milestone fidelity, cost, schedule, scope management and IPDS Phase execution.
- Adherence to the Management Operating System
- Productivity improvements
- ITAR and export compliance, as applicable
DESIRED POSITION SKILLS
Qualifications: YOU MUST HAVE
- Leadership – Influence the broader organization to achieve organizational and business objectives
- Business acumen – Analyze specific opportunities, develop implementation plans and execute
- Decision Making – Make informed and timely decisions
- Team Building – Lead/ participate in teams to achieve organizational and business objectives
- Innovation – Ability to innovate new ways to achieve step change improvements
- Bachelor's degree
- 15 years of progressive experience in Aero Defense and Space platforms and/or Sales (FMS and/or DCS)
- 5 years of :
- Experience leading large teams or growth opportunities
- Strategy expertise to make and/or recommend large scale decisions required.
- Hands-on knowledge of legacy military and space platforms (such as fighters, cargo, helos or trainers), operational environment, capabilities, requirements and development roadmaps
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Entrepreneurial spirit while having ability to work through existing matrixed environment.
- Requires strong influencing skills and amongst industry and high level Military customers
- Must be able to mentor and develop program management talent.
- Good presentation and communication skills
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.