Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 6 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia
The Loss Prevention Specialists primary resonpsibility consists of protecting the company’s assets to include the Associate, Merchandise, and Property. They also monitor all ID badges for entry/exit to the facility and the warehouse for all associates. They monitor all visitors, vendors, and contractors entry/exit to the facility and warehouse. Other responsibilities consist of Monitoring all fire and safety regulations within the facility.
Also monitor FA/BA (Fire Alarms/Burglar Alarms) to ensure proper responses and/or dispatching. Ensures trailers are properly handled at the gatehouse and in the trailer yards. Responds to emergency situations, such as medical, fire, weather, hazardous material and security related incidents and takes appropriate actions, as stated in Marmaxx policy. Assists in evacuations as necessary. All applicants must succesfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
High School education or equivalent job experience. Experience as a Security Officer or Store Detective preferred, but not necessary.
Minimum experience required to perform this job:
1-2 years of security and/or Loss Prevention experience.
Background in school/work pertaining to Criminal Justice Field.
1. Ability to use a calculator in performing basic mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
2. Ability to read & write the English language sufficiently to comprehend instructions and identify problems. Handwriting must be legible.
3. Monitors/controls all sample merchandise, RTV (Return to Vendor), damage and charity product that is disposed of in accordance with company guidelines.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, as well as strong conflict resolution skills.
5. Ability to stand and/or walk on concrete floor at work station for duration of the shift, excluding break periods.
6. Ability to perform all of the above essential functions for an 8 ½ hour shift, which includes a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and 2 paid 15 minute break periods, without significant risk of injury.
7. Ability to learn and perform all job functions accurately and consistently with minimal supervision.
8. Basic knowledge of company’s mission and role this position plays in carrying it out.
9. Maintain performance standards of the department.
Works under the daily supervision of the Loss Prevention Supervisor. However, works independently unless a unique or unusual problem requires the intervention of the Supervisor/ Management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (These functions are performed approximately 75% of the total work period).
1. Conducts on-going loss prevention, safety, and shrinkage awareness programs for all associates, and management staff.
2. Ensures policies and procedures are consistently followed. Reports unsafe conditions and acts to appropriate personnel.
3. Discovers and documents facts by conducting basic investigations to associate dishonesty, power, equipment accidents and personnel injury accidents.
4. Conducts audits that are designed to uncover dishonesty, paperwork errors and shrink related opportunities and ensures compliance with government regulations and insurance requirements.
5. Initiates/maintains all investigations of dishonest acts, sabotage, and accidents.
6. Adhere to company safety standards.
7. Basic knowledge of various systems such as CCTV Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Burglar Alarm Systems, Access Control Systems, Yard Management Systems, MS Word, Excel, and Access.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: (These functions are performed approximately 25% of the total time worked).
1. Conducts safety and security tours of the distribution center identifying unsafe acts, weakness in the program, etc.
2. Conducts audit to identify accuracy issues and operational execution areas.
3. Ensures 0% physical security breakdowns.
4. Cross-train and work in other areas as required.
5. Assist area Supervisors as required.
6. Clean, sweep, vacuum, and organize work area daily.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by area supervisors.
8. Work over time as needed.
9. Work different shifts required as needed.
All levels of associates within facility, Other Distribution Center Personnel, Home Office Personnel, (Buyers/Trainers/Engineers), Cafeteria Personnel, Contractors, Truck Drivers, Vendors, Applicants, Visitors, and others and needed.
(The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of required of personnel so classified.)