Senior Program Manager - Naval Development at DRS Technologies
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Power & Control Technologies, Inc., is a leading supplier of high-performance power conversion and instrumentation & control systems for the U.S. Navy’s combatant fleet. Products include ship electric propulsion equipment, power electronics equipment, high-performance networks, shipboard control equipment and control panels, tactical displays and specialty reactor plant instrumentation and control equipment. The Division designs, qualifies and manufactures products that help people every day on the ground, sea and in the air. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, all employees work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Manage a portfolio of Navy Nuclear Development projects in the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. Drive execution of projects for the integrated product development team (kick-off through project close). Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position has both budget and administrative responsibilities.
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met
- Drive execution of projects for the integrated product development team (kick-off through project close).
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities
- Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Insure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals
- Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
- Lead program reviews that provide appropriate status, costs and risks management.
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis
- Formally identifies, assesses, monitors and mitigates risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e. earned value management system)
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations)
- Provide leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Manage project material inventory effectively
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- Understand and develop leading verses lagging metrics
- Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e. developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e. Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- 10+ years with Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs as a prime or sub contractor to a domestic or foreign military organization, Navy Nuclear experience (civilian or enlisted) preferred.
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
- Solid leadership and management skills, particularly “influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience interfacing and leading other departments on a program including; finance, contracts, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Must have a portfolio of programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved.
- Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Program Management certification preferred (i.e. PMP or DAU level 3)
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Prefer experience with turnaround programs in which recovery was successful. Consideration will also be given to candidates with Naval Nuclear Program Management experience.
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MCSS