Service Desk Agent at CompuCom
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
Location: Plano, TexasJob Description:
First point of contact for the end users for all technical issues and service requests
Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, web based tools and email.
Provide voice based and remote technical support to end users for all standard desktop issues
Responds to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolates problem, determines and implements solutions.
- IT Service Desk - provides first level technical support through phone, email and chat support (if applicable)
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots end user desktop application issues and provides appropriate solution
- Resolves Level 1 issues. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution
- Responds to, and resolves technical end user service and support incidents and requests.
- Follow-up with end users to provide status updates as per service level guidelines
- Performs account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (e.g., creates or modifies user accounts and permissions, and performs password resets).
- Communicates with customers at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management
- Work collaboratively with people across the organization
- Support for PCs, laptops, printers, cell phones, and tablets etc.
- Support end users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office, ERP, CRM, VPN, Citrix, and MDM (mobile device management)
- Install, modify, and repair computer software
- Ability to talk and type accurately at least 30 wpm
- Sound understanding of customer support, operations, and processes
- Able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with key stakeholders, leadership, partners, team members, other organizations, and customers
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks, databases and network security concepts and tools is required
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office application suite including MS Outlook
- Experience with multi-platform Windows O/S required
- Active Directory, and Exchange preferred
- Solid analytical/cognitive skills to troubleshoot complex and technical problems
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure in a fast paced client driven environment
- Strong desire and enthusiasm to serve customers
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- Basic understanding of Service Desk metrics/SLA’s
- Basic knowledge of Mobile device support
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a IT Service Desk/inbound Call Center environment
- Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e.g. Service Now, Remedy) to manage and track incidents preferred
- Associate’s (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a technical school preferred
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies a plus