Desktop Support Technician
Posted in Information Technology 16 days ago.
Location: Fairfield, Ohio
Overview: The Technician Level works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgement is required. The Desktop Support Technician works under general supervision and repairs, installs, and tests less complex computer system hardware or software.
- Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware
- Performs general maintenance tasks and resolves less complex problems immediately, while more complex issues are identified to a higher level of support
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects
- May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization's computer users about basic and specialized applications
- May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system
- Requires 1-2 years of related work experience, or AA degree, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees working on client accounts must possess A+ certification.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.