Network Specialist - Specialized Delivery at CompuCom
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
Location: Houston, TexasJob Description:
Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and servicing on data communications network equipment. Provides connectivity and network support to all network, services, company, and customers. Performs analysis of software, hardware, and network systems, multiplexes, LAN/WAN communications and various transmission systems. Responds to assignments involving the installation, repair, and maintenance of network equipment
The specialist level works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Provides significant support in analyses, design review, and technical briefings. Makes decisions on operating procedures, analytical approaches and workflow.
Requires 5-7 years related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree, or technical training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration, testing, installation, maintenance, and repair of switches, wireless access points, routers and firewalls
- Troubleshooting, resolution and documentation of network disruptions
- Work closely with L2/L3 teams, voice team, and vendors on issue resolution
- Work with facility managers on additions to existing network environment
- Maintain up-to-date network documentation
- Regulate and monitor access to network closets
- Proactive network monitoring
- Available for after hours and weekend support for scheduled project work and incident resolution as needed