Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
Location: Schenectady, New York
The Specialist Level works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. The Network Specialist is responsible for translating customer needs into cohesive network recommendations and solutions. In addition, the Specialist provides significant support in research studies, analyses, design reviews, and technical briefings. The Network Specialist makes decisions on operating procedures, analytical approaches and workflow. May lead staff members in project tasks.
- Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and repair of data communications network equipment
- Provides connectivity and network support to all network, services, company, and customers
- Performs analysis of software, hardware, and network systems for processors, multiplexes, LAN/WAN communications and various transmission systems
- Proposes and implements hardware and software upgrades that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Sets up user accounts on company’s servers and runs necessary system backups
- Serves as the technical liaison with customers
- Maintains records on repairs, downtime, changes and updates
- Requires 5-7 years of related work experience and Bachelor’s degree, technical training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A+ certification required
- Five years experience installing and maintaining networks, network system administration, NOS, Desktop Applications, Desktop Operating systems, and customer support required
- Must possess multiple Network Operating System certifications and other professional certifications as required
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.