Manager, Client Solutions at Nielsen
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
The Manager, Client Solutions works on a team dedicated to Nielsen’s Digital Reach products. The scope of the client service function ranges from contract negotiating, understanding consumer viewership behaviors across screens, and maintaining knowledge of Nielsen’s product mechanics and roadmap. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated ability and experience in building and honing key relationships both internally and externally, robust written and oral communication skills, an ability to adapt to the needs of our dynamic environment, an intellectual curiosity and passion for data, and an enthusiasm for television/digital media.
- Articulate an excellent understanding of each product and solution, and how the data can be used to improve business performance.
- Build trust-based relationships with key contacts at the client; strive to independently build deeper and wider relationships within and across client organization by building a comprehensive understanding of client and marketplace and leveraging prior experience and client service acumen.
- Present opportunities to help clients understand their Total Audience across digital and linear platforms through consultative selling, in collaboration with the Director or Vice President leading the overall client relationship.
- Build client presentations that capture the client’s core business issues and the matching solutions that Nielsen’s capabilities can bring.
- Attend client- and industry-specific meetings.
- Begin to develop and refine negotiation skills.
- Provide day-to-day support of the client’s needs when needed.
- Engage in other responsibilities as needed.
- Office Skills – Excel, etc.
- Understanding of the marketplace
- Experience managing client relationships
- 3-5 years’ experience in a client service role/ in the industry
- Analytic skills
- BA or BS Degree
- Knowledge of TV/Digital Industries
- Knowledge of Nielsen’s productions and solutions
- High attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal skills, highly motived, strong orientation toward client relationships
- Strong analysis and presentation experience
- Persuasive negotiation skills to ensure client needs are well balanced internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills to translate complex concepts into concise yet informative messaging for clients
- Ability to handle pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and work well with a diverse customer base and various internal teams
Nielsen is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance.
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world's population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by DiversityInc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.