RN Clinician Clinical Ladder- Cardiac Transition Unit at University of Virginia Health System
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Are you an independent thinker who works well with others? If you want more, UVA wants you.
There are many reasons you already know UVA Health System. Our people utilize emerging technology and lead experimental treatment protocols. In fact, our healthcare makes headlines routinely.
But it's the attributes of every UVA Team Member that makes our nationally-recognized care anything but routine. Qualities such as persistence, ingenuity and initiative. These attributes create an environment of respect and responsiveness, in which your contribution counts.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure at the Clinician 2 level.
- Organizes, coordinates and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs at the Clinician 2 level.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and care coordination progressing patients toward desired outcomes at the Clinician 2 level.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others at the Clinician 2 level.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care at the Clinician 2 level.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.