Application Engineer- Ohio Territory at Control Techniques
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Emerson is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. Founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), Emerson delivers solutions through five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. With sales of $24.7B and more than 130,000 employees in over 150 countries, we have a customer-focused, results-driven culture where employee performance is recognized and rewarded.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Provides pre-order technical and commercial application support in an effort to grow sales at End-user, OEM, Distributor and System Integrator accounts and meet the Company’s sales objectives.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide technical sales and application support to the EIA field sales staff promoting sales of Products and Services to meet the Company’s sales objectives.
2. Assist and/or take a lead role in demonstrating EIA products to customers. Must be proficient in all current products sold in the Region.
3. Be proficient in sizing drive, motor and peripheral devices for effective use in application of the Company’s products.
4. Prepare PowerPoint Presentations that demonstrate the Company’s capabilities to handle a customer’s application. This may also require the development of a demonstration system that shows that capability.
5. Assist field sales personnel and customers with the selection of the Company’s products that best fit the application requirements.
6. Assist customers with developing software programs to operate complex machinery. In some cases, completely develop the program from concept including debug and trouble-shoot to completion.
7. Makes scheduled on-site visits to OEM, Distributor, and User accounts to gain insight, gather technical data, and provide guidance in the application and selection of the Company’s Products and Services.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Four year technical engineering degree BSE, BSEE, BSEET, BSME, BSMET required or equivalent.
2. Three to five years of engineering/selling automation solutions. Experience with Drives and/or Motion Control is highly preferred
3. Proficient in Motion Control Programming with both servo drive systems and vector drive systems. Familiarity with Ladder Logic is a plus.
4. Experienced in implementing servo positioning drives, vector drives, and VFD’s.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.