SENIOR PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perdue Hill, Alabama
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Senior Process Control Engineer
The Sr. Process Control Engineer will be asked to support all of the mill areas in the advancement of process control technologies and strategies while adding value by improving the effectiveness and overall efficiency of the process. We are looking for an individual who will assist with the development of process control systems that will allow ARC to advance its current process systems to new levels of technology while working toward implementing “Factory of the Future” goals. The Sr. Process Control Engineer will be able to bring his or her experience and knowledge to the role that will allow the successful individual to help build an ARC control strategy that will promote continuous improvement and be a champion of technologies that will be used to take ARC to the next level in process control.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and support hardware and software systems for mill process equipment i.e. AB PLC’s, Foxboro I/A, Honeywell, HMI’s, SCADA, etc….
- Implement, design, and configure advance process control strategies. Maintain functional design specifications for process control systems.
- Support process operations with the troubleshooting installed systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of these systems.
- Act as a resource to engineering with assistance in installing new process control systems.
- Partner with corporate teams to implement new technologies that are consistent with “Factory of the Future” advancements.
- Responsible for leading process control engineering team that will design and implement advance process control systems at ARC.
- Provide project management leadership and support for projects that are managed locally or in partnership with corporate teams.
- Support of the mill safety program both personally and through observation.
- Must be able to work closely with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Ability to work both independently and with multidiscipline teams
- Must be a self-starter with initiative to come up to speed quickly
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Customer focused; ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal/external customers
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering field.
- Minimum of (7) years of Process Control Engineering experience.
- Experience in designing, configuring, programming, troubleshooting distributed control, PLCs, HMI’s, APC’s and/or SCADA systems.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in supporting process control systems in a Pulp and Paper mill is a plus.
- Experience with network technology is a plus.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdfFollow us
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.