IT Support Engineer
Posted in Information Technology 3 months ago.
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
Overview: CompuCom is looking for an IT Support Engineer. The ideal candidate will have equal comfort with IT infrastructure and application support, drilling operations and drilling data models.
The ideal candidate must have the maturity to work independently, and the character to represent a highly talented IT support team. The role requires hands-on trouble shooting of complex issues with IT infrastructure, applications and telecommunications. It requires the ability to drive and coordinate support activities from multiple support teams. This is a standard Monday to Friday business hour role, with some travel required.
- Takes ownership of issues/problems and see them to completion
- Candidate must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Strong Customer Service Skills including written and verbal communications
- Able to follow standard support process and procedures
- Successful completion of a background security check and drug screening
- Professional appearance
- Success completion of pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card holder preferred
- Physical Requirement: Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds without any assistance
- Candidate must be willing to provide their own active cell phone for management and client communications
- Windows Server Build and Administration
- Server Hardware and Software installation and troubleshooting
- Networking and Administration (experience with routers, switches, subnetting and routing tables)
- Desktop OS and Application Support
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- CompTIA Network+ is required
- CompTIA A+ Certification is a plus
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.