Project Engineer - Structures/Towers
at Crown Castle
Posted in Architecture 4 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Crown Castle provides wireless carriers with the infrastructure they need to keep people connected and businesses running. With approximately 40,000 towers and 17,000 miles of fiber supporting small cells, Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure with a significant presence in the top 100 US markets. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $44 billion.
Position Title: Project Engineer
Experienced engineer who produces structural analyses and/or reinforcement designs for telecommunications structures, and leads/participates in projects under supervision of licensed professional engineers.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform detailed structural analysis of original, modified, and proposed telecommunication towers; monopole, guyed and lattice-self-support structures.
- Review work of Associate and Design Engineers in the production of reports and supporting calculations for review and approval by a licensed professional engineer.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of third party work as part of Vendor QA and India QA programs and evaluate performance.
- Review insufficient analyses in order to reduce modification costs through the Insufficient Structural Analysis (ISA) process.
- Develop analysis tools and training presentations, and conduct training sessions.
- Respond to consultation work order requests through the Engineering Services (ESP) program.
- Lead small to moderate sized projects.
- Participate in large projects as an engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Determine the cause of overstresses in the tower members and plan for practical cost effective reinforcement/modification systems.
- Specify reinforcement systems and components to address tower overstresses and customer requirements and produce well documented calculations.
- Produce tower and foundation reinforcement/modification conceptual sketches for the Structural Detailer to develop into design, fabrication, and erection drawings (CAD).
- Review and approve Auto CAD drawings for tower and foundation reinforcement/modifications designs.
- Participate In development of engineering processes, standards, and tools/programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in structures, or equivalent degree
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam – EIT Designation
- Professional licensure (PE) preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience (or two (2) years along with a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering) in performing structure analysis/design on a variety of communication towers strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of codes and standards related to telecom structures
- Demonstrated proficiency with structural and foundation analysis tools (e.g. tnxTower, Lpile, etc.)
- Experience using tnx Tower software
- Experience using MS Excel and other general purpose software for engineering calculations
- Experience using AutoCAD drafting/modeling software
- Experience leading small projects
- Understanding of spatial relationships to resolve potential interference issues
- Understanding of structural load paths
- Knowledge of bolted and welded connection design
- Knowledge of tower hardware and components
- Experience or knowledge of steel shop fabrication processes and/or knowledge of fabrication shop tools and capabilities
- Experience or knowledge in tower/reinforcement erection and/or knowledge of tower construction equipment and practices
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in customer relations and communications
Reports to: Engineering Supervisor
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in normal office setting 95% of the time, may travel to construction sites with exposure to heavy equipment.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Job Description
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.