Posted in Software 3 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Harland Clarke Corp. is a leading provider of best-in-class integrated payment solutions, marketing services, retail products, high-value transactional print and electronic documentation, and security solutions. The 140 year old company serves multiple industries including financial, insurance and investment services, big-box retailing, accounting software, commercial, direct selling associations, and franchising. Its clients range in size from major corporate brands and trade groups to small businesses and individual consumers. They are served through three business divisions: Payment Solutions, Marketing Services and Retail Channels. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com.
Support Engineer III -NCP
Location - Birmingham, AL
An Engineer is a problem solver who analyzes, models/designs, creates, modifies, and supports a set of complex systems, processes, or operations that enable business capabilities.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
Delivers personal tasks on time and leads the delivery of tasks for natural or cross-functional workgroup
* Participates on initiatives, with deliverables and meets quality standards, on time
* Leads cross-functional initiatives, with deliverables and meets quality standards, on time
* Creates Application and System Design Documents
* Develops Applications / Reports / Systems / Enterprise Solutions
* Estimates component/application, system level, and enterprise solution work efforts
* Creates RFI/RFP requests / responses for vendor product evaluations
* Designs, Develops and Implements Complex Business Rules
* Strong knowledge in multiple SDLC methodologies
* Technically proficient in application/component, system, or enterprise solution; acts as internal consultant
* Responsible for fulfilling end-user requests
* Excellent communication and facilitation skills
* Provides on call support as required
* Excellent business acumen
* Routinely operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads
* Periodically provides guidance to and assists in training less experienced individuals
* Works with guidance or minimal guidance
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Education & Knowledge Required
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
Minimum 7-10 years experience Microsoft Server, networking (LAN/WAN), and patch management. Ability to take after hours calls.
Red Hat Linux
Palo Alto firewall
Communication & Contacts Required
Communicates directly with internal and external customers.
Security Sensitive Position
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Laurel Reddish at .