SDC High School Internship at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a SDC High School Intern for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
This internship is open to current students from Urban Assembly School of Design and Construction (SDC) only.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Enrollment in an architecture preparation program or student training program
- Limited experience in the architectural profession or associate arts
- Performs work on basic segments of a project
- Assists in general preparation of a design and construction documents
- Performs basic documentation and presentation work
- Adheres to procedures and directions
- Must be available for 6-10 hours per week
Application Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2017
- Cover letter/letter of intent
- Portfolio of selected work (optional)
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB.