at Springer Science & Business Media LLC
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
The Network Engineer will develop, maintain and manage the Springer Nature Global Network (WAN/LAN) with a main focus on Cisco equipment (Wifi, Routers, Switches), Checkpoint Firewalls and F5 load balancers.
- Work on projects to make structural changes, improving the infrastructure
- Ensure that the network systems and -applications applied within Springer Nature are kept operational
- Ensure that the systems can operate free of interference by solving bottlenecks and problems
- Manage the network systems in a pro-active manner and contributes to the further improvement of the management processes
- Develop guidelines on usage of the systems and their components, and maintains an adequate system of documentation for reference and re-use
- Provide service to users of the network system in terms of information, guidance, coordination and advice and maintains relevant external contacts
- Manage the Network Support incident queue ensuring timely resolution of incidents
- Maintenance and monitoring of LAN, WIFI & WAN networks.
- Firewall configuration and support
- Maintenance and monitoring of VPN appliances.
- College degree in relevant technical field
- Expert knowledge on Cisco Routers and Switches (CCNP)
- Broad experience of working with global MPLS networks
- Broad experience of working with Checkpoint firewall technology
- Broad experience of LAN/WAN TCP/IP based networks, including associated technologies; VPN, IPSEC, MPLS and BGP - specializing in the Cisco product set
- Networking design and documentation
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant latest ICT-developments
- Extensive knowledge in global MPLS networks, VPN, Checkpoint firewalls, DNS, Wifi (Cisco) and F5 Load balancers
- Occasional work outside regular office hours
- Occasional domestic and international travel
Please apply using our online application system.
Visit our website at www.springernature.com.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.