Bellperson (1/FT- 1/PT) InterContinental Downtown Miami l IHG at IHG
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Do you see yourself as a Bellperson ? who will to assist incoming and outgoing guests in transporting luggage to and from guest rooms?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels. The InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city.
Assist incoming and outgoing guests in transporting luggage to and from guest rooms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly and safely transport luggage to and from guest rooms. May secure, tag and store luggage at guest’s request.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and services to guest and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by dry cleaning company; delivering clean laundry or guest mail/messages, or sundry items to guest rooms, and responding to other special requests.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience or hotel experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
· Moving about the public areas
· Handling objects such as luggage
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, reading road signs, etc..
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Work Area: Bell Desk, Hotel Entrance, Guest Room, Corridors
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
In return we will pay you $5.85 per hour, plus gratuities and competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.