Liferay Developer (DevOps) at Equifax Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. The company's significant investments in differentiated data, its expertise in advanced analytics to explore and develop new multi-source data solutions, and its leading-edge proprietary technology enable it to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax operates or has investments in 19 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index. Its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. In 2013, Equifax was named a Bloomberg BusinessWeek Top 50 company, was #3 in Fortune's Most Admired list in its category, and was named to InfoWeek 500 as well as the FinTech 100. For more information, please visit www.equifax.com. Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
As a Liferay Developer (DevOps), you will be actively participates in the daily development operations (DevOps) activities that impact important components / processes of the IT work function. The Liferay Developer (DevOps) is essential to performing change impact analysis tasks. The Liferay Developer (DevOps) position is responsible for participating in design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions.
As part of the Liferay DevOps team, you will fully participates in development, testing, implementation, and support of Liferay application systems, including the following tasks:◦Installation and configuration of development and production environments, including the following tasks:
- Platform administration through the Control Panel
- Application design and development
- Custom portlet design and development
- Design and implementation of custom page layouts
- Database configuration
- Organization of users and pages across collection types
- Configuration and custom styling of out-of-box applications / portlets
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the Liferay portal
- Install and test patches provided by Liferay Support
- Work with individual site owners to ensure that applications and patches work correctly
- Troubleshoot and resolve Liferay portal programming bugs as reported by business and IT stakeholders in the JIRA issue tracking system
- Work with end users to identify and troubleshoot issues associated with the Liferay portal and applications
- Provide documentation and end user training for applications
Additional responsibilities of the Liferay Developer (DevOps) include:
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and modifying Liferay systems of moderate complexity, significance, and risk
- Participates in investigation, analysis, and resolution of technical problems related to system functions, programming, and procedures
- Assists with post-implementation reviews
- Assists in monitoring operating efficiency of existing systems
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Participates in live support and incident resolution that may include shift work and 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software
- Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to Liferay
- 3+ years of hands-on Liferay (preferably v6.2) development experience (hooks and themes required, portlets experience beneficial as well) in a technical engineering role, preferably include the following:
- Developing layouts and themes in Liferay Portal
- Developing new web pages and modifying existing web pages
- Adding new web content and modifying existing web content
- Conduct Liferay administrative management
- Perform Liferay portal customization with hooks and EXT plugins.
- Experience with administration, configuration management, debugging, and performance tuning of Liferay Portal applications
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Ability to code and script
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment pipeline using Agile methodologies
- Technical and Functional understanding
- DevOps background
See Job Description