Desktop Support Technician
Posted in Information Technology about 1 month ago.
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Overview: Focus of the position is to minimize system/hardware downtime to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction. Provide overall day-to-day on-site technical support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware with minimal supervision. Install, configure and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, servers and network. Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. Recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization's computer users about basic and specialized applications. May involve use of problem management databases and service desk system. LEVEL OVERVIEW
Works on assignments of moderate scope where ability to recognize deviation from acceptable practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. Troubleshoots systems with limited supervision. Acts as liaison between customers and departments. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rapid response and ownership of issues and requests reported by customers via case management system, telephone or email.
- Perform general technical support, and troubleshoot desktop systems software and hardware.
- Perform basic computer hardware and software installation and configuration.
- Investigate system problems and provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
- Perform installs, moves, add, changes and decommission of computer equipment.
- Follow established process and procedures to satisfy job requirements.
- Provide user data and application recovery.
- Document and report on all work performed on behalf of customers.
- Maintain accurate inventory and support records.
- Maintain knowledge and certifications necessary to support computer equipment and peripherals.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns.
- Other related duties as assigned.
2-5 years of related work experience, or AA degree, or technical training or equivalent combination of education and experience. REQUIRED SKILLS & CREDENTIALS
- Broad-based technical support expertise with experience in major product lines.
- Moderate experience with tablets and other mobile devices (Apple, Blackberry, Samsung, etc.)
- Experience with SCCM, Dameware and Microsoft Mitblocker.
- Understanding of Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) to deploy images.
- A+ certification
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and emotional intelligence to teach highly technical content to users with any level of experience.
- Technical skills
- Analytical/problem solving
- Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more and be able to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods.
- Ability to communicate difficult information in a neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm in emotionally-charged situations.
- Ability to manage simultaneous and conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and protect confidential information.
- Available to work flexible hours during the day and work evenings and/or weekends to support facility requirements and events (possibly on short notice).
- Required to be on standby rotation schedule.
- Must be willing to accept "on call" requirements for after hours and weekend coverage when applicable.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.