Executive Director, Application Services at OCLC
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dublin, Ohio
You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
Reporting directly to the CIO, this role will be responsible for owning and maintaining the software development life cycle process across different domains as well as integration of applications and processes. The Executive Director, Application Services will develop and maintain strong vendor and IT team relationships with a focus on collaboration and direct communications. This person will develop and maintain strong internal partnerships with various teams throughout the company including Global Technology, Product Management and Research and Development. This role is responsible for building and managing the application portfolio to ensure that projects and enhancements are aligned to business priorities such that functional capabilities and technology innovations deliver key enablers of the business vision. The ideal candidate will be able to work on complex technical problems in a fast moving environment and provide solutions that are highly innovative, cost effective, and operationally sound.
The ideal candidate will be able to work on complex technical problems in a fast moving environment and provide solutions that are highly innovative, cost effective, and operationally sound. An individual with sufficient experience may be able to take on leadership role with responsibility for a subcomponent within the team.
- Drive application development process across multiple software lifecycle domains.
- Relentless curiosity and personal interest in technology innovation
- Create roadmaps and timing of implementation based on business requirements and strategy and changing market conditions
- Key participant in enterprise and IT planning.
- Collaborates with enterprise and IT senior management to assure alignment to goals.
- Partner with Project Management office to ensure all projects are delivered within scope, budget and adhere to company governance processes.
- Partner with Infrastructure office to ensure architectural fit of application portfolio within current infrastructure
- Lead multiple, complex projects and/or technology initiatives and apply innovative solutions to systems and applications problems. Ensure the projects support strategic and near-term goals.
- Provide leadership and management to develop high performance teams; Implement management metrics to support goal achievement.
- Own annual and strategic budgets to support plans. Analyze financial performance and variances.
- Automate manual and labor intensive processes within IT and business units
- Evaluate current applications and identify areas to improve standards, simplify portfolio, and enhance functionality and/or transition to packaged solutions to improve supportability and time to market.
- 15 or more years of experience in software application/product development roles.
- 8-10+ years of applicable experience in managing software development teams in enterprise level, large scale, environments including management of sourced services.
- 5 or more year’s applicable experience in establishing and managing vendor relationships.
- Expert understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process.
- Hands on technical expertise in the development and/or architecture of systems utilizing current technologies.
- Proven project management experience in the implementation of complex business applications including the integration of disparate applications.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teaming skills; skills and experience in executive level communication and presentations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management including knowledge of strategic and operational planning, economics, personnel administration, marketing, financial and cost analysis, and general industry trends.
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Strong leadership skills with a preference for managing an IT governance process for overall business benefit.
- Highly motivated and attentive to detail.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly organized and personally motivated to build state-of-the-art software, engineered thoughtfully and executed diligently.