Inventory Planning Supervisor at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
The Inventory Supervisor role serves many customers and stakeholders and is accountable for the leadership of the inventory planning function, carrier coordination, and to serve as the liaison between his / her facility and the TE business units and TEIS to provide an exceptional customer experience. The candidate will coordinate and complete all planning processes for assigned set of materials within the SAP system in order to achieve highest level of customer (internal and/or external) service through the most effective use of manufacturing resources, including labor and inventories. The candidate will ensure that the TE Operation Advantage Program (TEOA) is deployed and understood by all direct reports and lead the portion of TEOA focused on Inventory.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Inventory Management:
* Internal and External Customer Service:
* Respond to new sales orders delivery requests via notification system.
* Provide commitment dates and lead time information to Customers.
* Assist in track & trace
* Respond to all internal customer s requests in a timely manner
* Monitor exception messages and maintain system integrity through supply and demand management.
* Manage supply chain of material to ensure efficient flow of material to support the customer s needs.
* Maintain master data to ensure the system data best supports the planning process
* Analyze usage data and provide support to Demand Management for Forecasting Data Base management, to optimize customer service, inventory turns and overall product cost
* Support and Reporting:
* Participate in continuous improvement efforts to better satisfy customer needs.
* Initiate material deviations (MDA) as needed to support manufacturing
* Help facility s management in the coordination of cross plant manufacturing to ensure meeting customer service.
* Assist in the transfer of product to other manufacturing facilities
* Manage carrier pick up schedules
* A minimum of 8 years Inventory/Planning work experience with increasing responsibility
* Thorough understanding and practical application ability in Statistical Methods
* SAP WMS Experience strongly preferred
* Thorough understanding and practical application ability in Statistical Methods.
* Experience with manufacturing/engineering/quality information systems
* Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision
* Ability to work independently on multiple projects/work streams at one time; must be able to formulate analyses and reports to support business needs and deliver results based upon project deadlines
* Strong problem solving capabilities and the ability to analyze data and use critical thinking to reach logical conclusions and decisions; results oriented; relies on fact-based logic for decision-making
* Strong communication skills and the ability to build cohesive teams to meet demand is required with the ability to lead, direct, change, and manage
* Ability to communicate ideas, vision, and inspire internal and external colleagues to deliver and execute solutions to meet goals
* Strong business acumen, oral, analytical, and written communication skills
* Exceptional analytical skills and proven computer skills in Microsoft suite - Excel, PowerPoint, Word
* Experience with lean manufacturing/six sigma tools is preferred