Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01515-17741
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: The obstetric ante, and postpartum patient including but not limited to vaginal and cesarean section deliveries. Population will also include the neonate. GYN patients will also be included in the population served on 4-South.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for OB/GYN and antepartum patients.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
* Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (LIST REQUIRED AND PREFERRED SEPARATELY)
* Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN, required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (LIST REQUIRED AND PREFERRED SEPARATELY)
* Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. Required.
* Current BLS certification. Required
* Current ACLS certification and NRP upon hire (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire). Required
* S.T.A.B.L.E. certification must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire. Required
* AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Practices and Principles must be obtained within eight (8) months from date of hire. Required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (LIST REQUIRED AND PREFERRED SEPARATELY)
* Labor and delivery, obstetrics and gynecology and postpartum experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders. Required
* Knowledge of body substance isolation. Required
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs. Required
* Ability to assist with delivery. Required
* Basic computer literacy and skill level to complete patient documentation. Required
* Bilingual in English/Spanish. Preferred
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/19/2017