Regional Environmental and Land Manager at Holcim
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Golden, Colorado
Log back in!
REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL AND LAND MANAGER
REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL AND LAND MANAGER
# of Openings
Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Regional Land and Environmental Manager is responsible for optimizing designated company land assets by improving land management performance and processes, along with optimization and implementation of environment-related processes and compliance assurance programs in the assigned area. This includes the implementation and ongoing improvement of environmental policies in the area, consistent with LafargeHolcim priorities and policies as well as compliance to relevant regulation. Also provides key leadership in the development and execution of community.
* Manage and carry out land management practices and processes for a designated area including land acquisition, agreement negotiation and management, land divestment, permitting and zoning, and others.
* Ensure that all required reports are submitted and ensure that necessary data is gathered in a timely and effective manner by operations.
* Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships at all key facilities.
* Prepare environmental documentation for approval and license/permit applications for new or existing operations ensuring they are completed accurately, completely and on time.
* Prepare Mine Permit Applications, Land Use, and Reclamation Plans as needed for new sites and expansions
* Manage compliance for all area plant and operations with site specific compliance issues such as air permits, renewals, extensions, compliance demonstration.
* Advise operations on regulatory requirements and provide technical support as needed.
* Keeps familiar and current with the status of assigned sites anticipating and resolving potential or actual compliance issues.
* Implement standard environmental programs at the local level.
* Facilitate resolution of legal issues involving land working with internal and external legal resources.
* Advise management on land-related issues, providing critical and strategic thinking to identify and minimize risks and maximize value.
* Manage the acquisition and divestment of land assets for designated area including the development and facilitating of Capital Improvement and Restoration Expenditure Requests and the financial and risk/opportunity evaluation of each project.
* Manage the preparation, maintenance and sustaining of mining and reclamation and related land permits. Manages the permitting and zoning activities and compliance including timely completion of all zoning applications, and community relations initiatives.
* Manage and participate in special projects as assigned
* Actively manage all leases and lease requirements within each company owned property.
* Actively promote and champion company safety programs, projects, and behavior.
* Maintain knowledge of State/Local and Federal laws concerning land issues and reclamation.
* Work with Operations, Environmental Management and other staff to carry out and manage public and community relations initiatives.
* Ensure full and accurate use of the Land Information System for land management practices.
* Participates in Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), state environmental agencies, and local government inspections and conducts internal environmental compliance audits.
* Assist operations in identifying and managing capital projects for site environmental upgrades.
* Keep current with all Federal, State and Local environmental legal requirements and monitor developments and changes.
* Responds and provides oversight for the emergency response to sudden releases of OHM
* Prepares reports as required by state, local and federal regulations which may include Tier II reports, TRI Reports, Emission Reports, Air Permit Compliance Reports, and spill release and response reports.
* Prepares or assists with the development of various permit application as needed to support operational requirements.
* Promote and assist with implementation of site biodiversity and sustainability projects.
* Manage work tasks of 3-4 direct environmental reports.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
* Reports to Regional Director of Land and Environment
* Works closely with Legal, Finance, Environment, Operations, and others.
* Works closely with external service providers on technical, government and legal matters.
* Interacts with senior management members of Business Unit on various issue or situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Additional Education Preferred: Master's/Graduate Degree
Preferred field of study: Environmental Engineering or Equivalent
Other Training/Certifications Required: Formal training in leadership, team building, continuous improvements and related fields.
Required Work Experience: 10 years
Travel Requirements: 50% with regional business
Additional Requirements: Required Experience with state regulatory programs including CDRMS and Department of Health is required
Licenses/Certifications: Professional Engineering License is a plus but not required.
Computer and Software Skills: Land Information System, ENVOY, GIS, CAD, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Various other programs
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities.
* Strong problem solving skills, interpreting rules, laws, agreements, etc.
* Demonstrate computer proficiency.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Go back to the welcome page