QA Inspector - Meat in Santa Fe Springs, CA at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Fe Springs, California
Inspects all incoming shipments of assigned product
groups, as well as product stored in the warehouse.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintains necessary inspections and rejection records.
- Accepts or rejects product based on condition, short
weight, transit damage, grade, temperature and other reasons.
- Spot-checks frozen foods to ensure that it complies
with the Company’s standards and specifications.
- Informs buyers on product quality as necessary.
- Prepares warehouse condition reports as requested.
- May organize shipping schedule for all items having
different degrees of maturity, gives shipping instructions to assembly via
- Determines the dollar cost and cause of warehouse
shrink due to spoilage. Makes
recommendations to management regarding reduction in shrink.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly recaps for review by
- Ensures that appropriate personnel are trained in the
proper handling, storage, rotation, and selection of produce to be shipped to
the retail units
- Ensures that shipping crews are provided with daily
information on lots to be shipped.
- Checks for Supervalu date specifications from the
vendors and date quarantines to retailers on outbound deliveries.
- Checks for temperature standards on upon receipt of
deliveries, pick slots and outbound retailer store loads.
- Previous Retail Department Manager or 2 – 4 years
- Must possess leadership ability to motivate others to
achieve desired results, works effectively with a wide variety of people on a
- Strong analytical skills required for data
interpretation and analysis.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers
in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by
providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise
every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the
best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label
products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With
a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you
the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
We will consider for employment all
qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.