Member Debt Rep II at USAA
Posted in Collections 30+ days ago.
Location: Phoenix, ArizonaJob Description:
Purpose of Job The Member Debt Representative is responsible for understanding member's needs and delivering intelligent personalized solutions and education that will improve their overall financial security. Payment arrangements may be negotiated in order to minimize loss to the organization. In addition, this role protects the financial interests of USAA by communicating with members, non-members and/or external third parties to collect and resolve delinquent accounts. Accounts are handled and worked in accordance with operational standards; follows the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act (FDCPA) and all local, state and federal laws pertaining to loan verification and collection.
We are currently seeking talented Member Debt Rep II for our Phoenix, AZ facility.
- Uses established procedures and job experience to carry out and resolve moderately complex to complex work assignments and conducts member research as necessary.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
- Contacts members in all stages of delinquency and across all USAA product lines through automated and manual outbound dialing; receives inbound collections and general servicing calls.
- Under limited supervision, performs individual member needs assessment to quickly determine the member's reason for delinquency and provide customized solutions and advice to improve their financial security. Negotiates mutually satisfactory payment arrangements.
- Actively uses and educates members on the debt analyzer and money manager tools on usaa.com.
- Completes required account verification, account maintenance, and documents all contact and collection attempts.
- Utilizes extensive skip tracing tactics such, Lexis/Nexis, Accurint and ordering door-knocks to locate members' addresses and phone numbers.
- Follows the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and all other applicable local, state and national laws and regulation surrounding the collection industry.
- 1 or more years of customer contact experience.
- Developing knowledge of company products/services and application of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience multi-tasking within a Windows operating system environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Loss mitigation experience
- Knowledge of MDS collections software, such as RMS, FDR, CACS, ALS
- Financial advice/planning and/or debt management experience
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Monday through Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., rotating Friday/Saturday 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. Hours may change depending on Daylight savings.
-Drives for results, analyzes issues and makes decisions
-Collaborates with others and effectively manages relationships
-Demonstrates organizational skills and is able to multi-task effectively
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
-Excellent negotiation and listening skills
-Ability to use multiple collections systems
-Ability to discuss and educate members on financial tools and budgeting
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/05/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.