Facilities Technician at EBSI
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canton, Massachusetts
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Facilities Technician is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of critical and non-critical equipment and systems in the facility during the third shift (must have the ability to work overnight shifts - 11:00PM to 7:00AM but may vary due to future business needs). This position is responsible for making crucial decisions based on knowledge of manufacturing and facility equipment and systems. This position requires participation in Canton’s on-call support program.
• Perform Preventative and Corrective Maintenance all manufacturing areas and support systems (steam, water, and utility distribution equipment and systems).
• Provide technical support to other Facility Services teams, Engineering projects, and other departments.
• Comply with all cGMP, GDP, EHS, DEQ, and all applicable codes.
• Responsible for supporting the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all site-wide equipment to maintain a quality Class A environment in GMP facilities
• Process preventative maintenance documentation using cGMP documentation practices.
• Responsible for the safe operation of high pressure steam boilers and their ancillary equipment.
• Record operating parameters, and maintain the logs and records of steam generation equipment.
• Monitor and maintain the operational readiness of campus emergency diesel and gas generators.
• Perform various SAP functions for Work Orders, Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls.
• Oversee contracted maintenance service providers while they are on-site performing maintenance and repair to systems and equipment.
• Assist other trades as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
• HS Diploma/GED.
• Minimum of 4+ years of general maintenance experience required.
• Ability to work in an unsupervised environment
• Prior cGMP experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of Critical Utilities and Pharmaceutical processing equipment required.
• Previous experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and with SAP desired.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority.
• Must be customer service and quality driven.
• Steam Engineering Certification or State Boiler Operator License preferred.
• Currently has or must obtain Massachusetts Boiler Operator license within 18 months of hire.
• Waste water certification or license preferred.
• Currently has or must obtain a waste water system license from the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority within 18 months of hire.
• Operators must have basic knowledge how to navigate through the Utility Control System (UCS) and Building Management System (BMS).
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 50lbs, pull 50lbs, use phone, fax, copier, computer, copier, hand tools, fork lift and man lift. Work outdoors, noise above conversation level, hot/cold temperatures, high humidity, ventilation needed, multiple locations, contact with select agents, exposure to animals, animal areas, or equipment used in animal areas environment. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate and prepare written communications.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
"UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NO REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT INDIVIDUALS SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILIAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100."
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.