R&D Scientist II at Honeywell
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Golden Valley, MinnesotaJob Description:
R&D Scientist II
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Navigation and Autonomous Guidance Advanced Technology team is seeking a Research Scientist level II to join our autonomous systems development team. The primary location for this position is our Golden Valley, MN research laboratories.
The Navigation and Autonomous Guidance Advanced Technology team conducts development of autonomous systems for both ground and aerial vehicles. Important research areas include technologies for sensing and sensor fusion, perception, position determination and navigation in unconstrained environments, operation without GPS, route planning and execution in dynamic environments, and advanced filtering (e.g. Kalman, particle filtering) and sensor fusion algorithms. Additional areas of research include data acquisition, analysis, inference, and decisions utilizing machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques. Research conducted by other team members but not the focus here include Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS); advanced navigation and gyro-compassing systems; GPS and GPS landing systems. We promote an open, collaborative R&D environment and an entrepreneurial culture that fosters creativity, as well as competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates will join the team responsible for technology development, and technical coordination of assigned projects. In their role they will interact with other team members, as well as business development and program management personnel. The candidate will have experience working with multidisciplinary teams developing and integrating advanced algorithms and hardware for system prototypes or early product development.
The successful candidate will have research experience developing capabilities for autonomous systems with particular emphasis on navigation, planning, perception, or vehicle control. Experience particularly relevant to this position include: sensor fusion for navigation, video/lidar based navigation, SLAM; motion planning for holonomic and non-holonomic vehicles in cluttered (potentially dynamic) environments; object recognition, structure from motion, image segmentation using both classical' image based methods and emerging techniques based on Deep Learning. Experience in implementing algorithms in C++ or Python using the Robot Operating System is a strong plus. Candidates will participate in advanced concept development, technology development, and technical coordination. In their role they will interact with Honeywell business units and customers.
20 Innovation 20 Cost estimation 20 Prototyping 20 Product assurance 20 New technology insertion
YOU MUST HAVE
- Master's degree in, Robotics, Computer Science, Aeronautical (Aerospace), Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Some experience in autonomous systems, or a PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Aeronautical (Aerospace), Electrical Engineering or related technical field with emphasis on Autonomous Guidance or Systems
- Experience in understanding and implementing state of the art algorithms described in the scientific literature
- Experience integrating guidance, navigation, and control systems for small unmanned air systems (UAS) or a variety of ground vehicles
- Understanding of navigation including inertial, GPS, image based and integrated navigation systems
- Ability to integrate RF and EO sensors, LADAR/LIDAR, Doppler, and/or mm-Wave sensors for navigation applications
- Expertise in using Linux (especially Ubuntu), Python, Matlab and Visual C++ for Windows
- Experience in developing, implementing and testing novel algorithms for autonomous systems and presenting the work at relevant conferences is a bonus
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status. Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering INCLUDES
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req125066
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.