Data Scientist Intern at Honeywell
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Golden Valley, MinnesotaJob Description:
Data Scientist Intern
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We are looking for two Data Science Interns to join us this summer in the Minneapolis area.
Must be able to work in the US on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
We are seeking technology innovators and systems thinkers, makers and hackers who can re-imagine what we already do, what we could be doing next and have the in-depth technical expertise and hands-on experience to make it happen. You will be part of Home and Building Technologies (HBT) Platform Architecture and Innovation group supporting six HBT businesses and critically important to Honeywell product innovation. HBT is a $10 billion Strategic Business Group within Honeywell International that helps homeowners and building owners stay connected and in control of comfort, security, fire systems, and air and water purification.
You will contribute specifically to a team that will design and prototype novel data analysis applications, and apply machine learning techniques to intelligently extract relevant information and understanding from our connected homes and buildings. This information will be used for real-world applications in areas such as energy efficiency, comfort, safety and security. If you are excited and intrigued, please connect with us.
Work in a startup-type environment to define, design and develop innovative applications and functional proofs-of-concept
Work with teams Developing cutting-edge technology solutions in the connected home and building space that will leverage the existing eco-systems of HBT products
Work with marketing, user experience and IT teams to transition proof-of-concept to product offering
25 Data Collection 25 Requirements gathering 25 Experimental setup 25 Literature review
YOU MUST HAVE
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or a related field
- Completion of junior year at time of internship, and able to complete an internship prior to graduating
- Interest in data science experience applying data modeling techniques to solving customer problems
- Course studies or project work using data modeling tools (e.g. R, Pandas, Scikit learn, Mlib) and NoSQl related technologies such as Map Reduce, Spark, Hive, Pig, HBase, mongoDB, Cassandr Course studies or project work in data visualization and presentation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Ploty, Highcharts, D3)
- Course studies or project work in programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, C, C++)
- Course studies or project work in data models with time series data
- Course studies or project work with deep learning algorithms and workflows, including deployment on edge devices
- Entrepreneurial, results driven with a positive can do attitude
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to present hypotheses and analysis results to a wide audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Remote Access Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD11264
- Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.