General Winery Worker at The Wine Group
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Soledad, California
Established in 1981 The Wine Group (TWG) is a privately-held, management-owned company with a portfolio of leading brands, including Cupcake, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, Chloe, Franzia, and many other brands.
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Under the direction of the Cellar Supervisor, the General Winery Worker is responsible for general winery work that includes hooking grape trucks, sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines, general cleaning and any other winery related tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, including paint equipment (e.g. sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, etc.)
- Scrub pumps, fittings and miscellaneous equipment parts as needed
- Sweep or rake winery floors, grounds and dispose of all trash and place in the proper disposal area
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to clean cellar floors, walls, tank pads, outside and inside of tanks, and walkways
- Manipulate tank lids to ensure proper opening and closing of tank tops for cellar operations
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- 1-2 years of general winery experience in a production or manufacturing environment preferred
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions in English
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must be flexible with shift schedule
- Operation of basic hand tools
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in the performance of various task in the warehouse environment
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
See Job Description