Compliance Advisor at USAA
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
Purpose of Job Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise-wide projects. Guides the business on compliance strategy implementation in the pursuit of business solutions.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Compliance Advisor, San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ office location or remote.
- Conducts reviews of laws and regulations for business impact.
- Completes accurate risk assessments, develops recommendations and coordinates with appropriate counsel.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Utilizes strong leadership skills in interacting with counsel, customers or team members.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s), and provides information to the business or project teams.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Provides industry knowledge and/or skills expertise for work assignments.
- Identifies outstanding compliance issues and oversees proper implementation of business requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how own area links to other key areas of the company and identifies new ways of doing business.
- Monitors and assures compliance with regulatory requirements reporting and maintains relationships with regulatory agencies as directed.
- Coordinate and responds to regulatory requirements and requests.
- Conducts compliance assessments through self assessment program and examinations.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years work experience in compliance, audit, or risk.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Project management experience preferred
- Change management experience preferred
- Process excellence/process improvement experience preferred
- Experience developing/delivering communication materials preferred
- Experience developing and executing training content preferred
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/8/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.