CDL A Truck Driver - Home Daily - Indianapolis, IN at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Drivers 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job ID: 126588
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Why drive for Oldcastle?
- Home nightly
- No weekends
- Competitive pay and great benefits
- Newer equipment
- A culture that promotes from within!
What will I be doing?
You will be delivering architectural glass to customer shops and job sites via class A tractor-trailer. We are looking for experienced, safety-conscious, customer-focused CDL A drivers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and load/unload glass and/or metal products, secure the load, make multiple deliveries, and provide excellent customer service
- Load and unload boxed glass by hand, with cranes, booms, forklifts, or hoists
- Verify product quantities before and during delivery
- Ensure trucks are operating efficiently by performing thorough daily pre and post trip inspections
- Promote safety by inspecting delivery sites to ensure there is safe environment to unload by following best practices for safety
- Maintain truck and driving records by reporting information, completing driver logs and truck performance forms
- Comply with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Occasionally load trucks
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- At least 25 years old
- Valid Class A license with an acceptable motor vehicle record (we will train the right candidate through our comprehensive driver's training program)
- At least 2 years of verifiable, incident free class A driving experience
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- Meet all DOT requirements
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed, and secured on the vehicle
- Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Dependability, good English verbal and written communications skills, and good customer relations and people skills
- Have the ability to read and interpret mathematical measurement of glass sizes and properly read and use a tape measure
- Ability to electronically log hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Skilled at handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Must have muscular and cardiovascular endurance to perform functions required for glass handling such as frequent bending, twisting, and reaching motions
- Tight gripping, cupping, and wrist motions are required to support and carry and maneuver up to 75 pounds
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.